31 March 2012

Lo, the Winter Is Past...

Free Screensavers!

Photo & Design by Gitanajava Productions, copyright 2012.
Free for personal use ONLY. Original at http://tiny.cc/JASMINE.

Photo & Design by Gitanajava Productions, LLC, copyright 2012.
Free for personal use ONLY. Original at http://tiny.cc/GATE.

Our lives have seasons, passages of change we endure or enjoy.  One season, we dance gracefully through; the next season, we crawl or braille our way slowly, excruciatingly.  I've been in a long winter, punctuated now and then with hints of spring.

Just a quick word of encouragement to you, my reading friend, and for myself, too:  

My beloved spake, and said unto me,
"Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.
For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone...."
(Song of Solomon 2:10-11)

Winter will end.  It may be ending this very moment.  Like a bare, brown, dried-out tree in the park, the hope of spring, green shoots, and growth seems impossible.  The ground around us, around that tree is barren, we think.

Don't believe the lie.  Don't invest too much time and energy feeling overwhelmed and discouraged.  Feelings are temporary, ephemeral; only the Truth of L'Eternel endures.  Look again at the same tree, study it closely, and you'll glimpse a whispery veil of green.

Same goes for our implacable, unscalable walls.  Call your impossibilities "Jericho" -- they will fall.  Doors will open.  What those doors will reveal, I can't say:  sólo Dios lo sabe.

"For I know the plans I have for you," saith the Lord,
"plans to help you and not to harm you,
plans to give you Hope and a Future."
(Jeremiah 29:11)

Hang in there, amigo!  If I cling to the expectation of Spring and walls-turned-into doors by my last thin thread of hope, then I'll cling hard, sing loud, blow trumpets, stomp out my dance of life, and drink another cuppa java.

Spring is coming.

Walls will become doors.
See you on the patio!


1 comment:

Comments are cool and we welcome your thoughts. All comments are subject to editing, moderation or deletion. If you use ALL CAPS, troll, trash talk, or thou art a knave, don't expect your comment to be shared.